June 02, 13
7 Reasons to Switch to Energy Efficient Lighting
There are many reasons to consider replacement lighting for your business. It especially makes sense to consider energy efficient fluorescent lighting. With the newer types of lighting now available you can improve your commercial space in numerous ways if you choose to make an upgrade.
Here are a few of the ways your company could benefit from replacement lighting:
1. Less Maintenance – Newer lighting can be almost maintenance free. This saves your workers time and you money.
2. Better Materials – Housing and other components are now made with galvanized steel. Lamps can last as long as 36,000 – 38,000 hours.
3. Environmentally Friendly – Every company needs to do their part for their community and the world. This shows you care about more than just making money. Your reputation within your community can grow when you show your commitment to going green.
4. No Re-strike Time – New lighting options can give you lights that require no lapse in restart time after power outages. As soon as the power is restored, the lights are back on. This is in comparison to HIDs that require 5 -7 minutes of restrike time.
5. More Configuration Options – There are now options specifically designed for high bay lighting. You can also find shallow depth lighting if you have lots of material handling machinery in your warehouse. By adjusting T5 and T8 lighting a vast array of configurations can be used in your building.
6. Increase Useable Light Levels by at Least 100 % – This means that productivity is often increased. It also provides a safer working environment. Poor lighting not only gives your industrial space a shoddy appearance but it can increase the chances of accidents and poor performance.
7. Lower Energy Costs – Some of the new energy efficient fluorescent lighting uses less than half the energy of other fluorescent bulbs. With this type of lighting you will lower your future energy bills considerably.
When you decide to discuss purchasing new lighting, make sure you talk with a company that’s been in business for many years. You want to know they have a true commitment to the best quality products that use the least amount of energy possible. Some companies offer an energy calculator on their website. Using this calculator you can estimate how much you can save by switching to energy saving lighting.
Before you choose a lighting company; always ask for a list of their past customers. When you talk with former customers ask detailed questions about their experience with the lighting company.
How did the installation process go?
Where they able to complete the installation in the time quoted?
Were their workers professional?
Was the lighting installed in the configurations requested?
Did it improve the light quality and brightness in their warehouse or retail store?
Do the bulbs hold the same brightness as they age or do they begin to dim?
By asking the above questions you can make an informed and accurate decision regarding your lighting needs. Finding the right company can make the difference between a positive experience and a costly mistake.